Discussion board for VietTESOL Webinar Series participants.
Webinar 1: Teaching Integrated Skills 2521 topics
Speaker: Dr Ha Van Sinh
Main facilitator: Dr Tran Dang Khanh Linh
Facilitators: Ms Le Thu Hang, Ms Nguyen Thi Thu Thao, Mr Do Manh Cuong, Ms Pham Thi Hai Ngoc
The webinar session provides an overview of the skills-integrated approach, sharing the speaker’s awareness of what it is, why and when EFL teachers should teach integrated skills, how to design and implement a skills-integrated lesson/activity, and what qualities a classroom teacher needs to have for a successful integrated skills lesson.
Speaker: Ms Nguyen Thi Lan Huong
Main facilitator: Ms Giang Thi Trang
Facilitator: Ms Nguyen Duc An, Mr Pham Duc Thuan, Ms Bui Thi Lien, Ms Tran Thi Thuy
Guest teacher: Ms Hoang Thi Thuy Quynh
This webinar session starts with a review of blended learning approach and different blended models, then proceeds to an introduction of technologies that can be used by the Vietnamese English as a Foreign Language (EFL) K-12 teachers for blended learning design and delivery with the new textbook series, together with sharings from the Vietnamese K-12 teachers in practice. The webinar session hopes to help the target teachers effectively select technological applications and prepare blended scenarios that best suit their teaching contexts.
Webinar 3: Test Design and Development 1224 topics
Speaker: Dr Nguyen Thi Ngoc Quynh
Main facilitator: Dr Le Tram Huong
Facilitators: Ms Nguyen Thi Phuong Thao, Ms Pham Thi Thanh Huyen, Ms Dao Thi Ngan, Ms Hoang Thi Sau, Ms Ta Thi Mai Huong
This webinar starts with a technical definition of a language test, the purposes or decisions that test results can be used for, and different test types with specific examples in educational practices. It then introduces how to identify test constructs in relation to the language competency framework, a course curriculum and its expected learning outcomes in order to assure the systematicity and substantive grounding of the assessments. This is followed by a detailed discussion of the concepts of difficulty and complexity levels of test items, test specification, and test task types. The webinar uses specific examples and input from Vietnamese K-12 English teachers of the new textbook for its practice activities. It also recommends some resources for teachers for their test development.
Webinar 4: Free Online Learning Resources 1162 topics
Speaker: Dr Bui Thi Khoi Nguyen
Main facilitator: Mr Pham Ngoc Duc
Facilitators: Ms Nguyen Ngoc Anh, Dr Dang Thi Huong Thao, Ms Dinh Thi Thai Ha, Ms Nguyen Thi Hanh
By the end of the webinar, participants will be able to (1) classify essential types of learning resources, (2) clarify the importance of using online resources for language learning and teaching, (3) solve common problems in using online learning resources, (4) evaluate indicators of effective and quality online learning resources, and (5) compile a collection of free online resources for professional development, lesson planning, and English language teaching practice.
Speaker: Dr Dang Tan Tin
Main facilitator: Ms Trinh Ngoc Anh
Facilitators: Dr Nguyen Thi Hong Nhat, Ms Cao Thi Hong Phuong, Ms Tran Thi Cuc, Ms Pham Thi Hong Nhung, Ms Dao Thuy Nga
This webinar primarily aims to get the participants understand the structure of a conventional abstract; draft proper abstracts, using key information provided; compose abstracts from their own research; and critically analyze, comment, and edit their peers’ abstracts. The workshop serves as a hands-on experience for EFL teachers to formally introduce their classroom practices at academic conferences and early career researchers to be accepted more easily by the academic world.
Webinar 6: Presenting at Conferences 10 topics
- Speaker: Dr Vũ Thị Thanh Nhã (Faculty of English, the University of Languages and International Studies, VNU)
- Main facilitator: Ms Nguyễn Thị Thanh Hà (Doctoral Candidate, Teacher Education and Learning Sciences Department, North Carolina State University (Raleigh, USA)
• Dr Đặng Thị Hương Thảo (Hung Yen University of Technology and Education, Hung Yen),
• Mr Phạm Đức Thuận (Hoa Lu University, Ninh Binh),
• Ms Vương Thị Hoan (Tran Quoc Tuan Primary School, Buon Ho, Daklak),
• Ms Đinh Thị Hồng Ngoan (Tan Thuy Primary School, Le Thuy District, Quang Binh),
• Ms Ngô Thị Thùy Hương (Nguyen Tat Thanh School, Hoa Binh College of Education, Vo Thi Sau Street, Dan Chủ Ward, Hoa Binh City, Hoa Binh Province).
- Moderator: Ms Nguyễn Tâm Trang (Hanoi National University of Education, Ha Noi)
- Secretary: Ms Trịnh Ngọc Anh (Banking Academy of Vietnam, Ha Noi)
- Featured Speaker: Dr Trần Đăng Khánh Linh (Khanh Hoa University, Nha Trang)
• Ms Ngô Thị Thùy Hương (Nguyen Tat Thanh School, Hoa Binh College of Education, Vo Thi Sau Street, Dan Chủ Ward, Hoa Binh City, Hoa Binh Province),
• Ms Nguyễn Thị Dung (Hanoi Thang Long Secondary School, Hanoi),
• Ms Vũ Như Thùy Trang (Doan Thi Diem Hanoi Primary School, Hanoi).
- Host: Ms Trịnh Ngọc Anh (Banking Academy of Vietnam, Ha Noi)
- Secretary: Mr Tran Quang Nam (Ho Chi Minh City University of Education)
Feature Speaker: Dr Nguyen Ngoc Vu (Faculty of Foreign Languages, Hoa Sen University, Ho Chi Minh City)
- Do Nguyen Dang Khoa (National College of Education, Ho Chi Minh City),
- Nguyen Thi Dung (Hanoi Thang Long Secondary School, Hanoi),
- Le Nguyen Nhu Anh (English Department, Ho Chi Minh City University of Education).
- Tran Quang Nam (English Department, Ho Chi Minh City University of Education),
- Nguyen Duc An (Tay Bac University, Son La).
Secretary: Nguyen Thi Thuy Linh (IIG Vietnam, Hanoi)
- Featured Speaker: Dr Trần Thị Duyên (Testing and Assessment Centre, Hanoi University of Industry, Hanoi)
• Ms Đinh Thị Thái Hà (Luong Son High school, Hoa Binh),
• Ms Đào Thị Ngân (Yen Dung High School No. 1, Bac Giang),
• Ms Phạm Thị Ngoan (Nguyen Tat Thanh University, Ho Chi Minh City)
- Hosts: Ms Nguyễn Tâm Trang (Faculty of English, Hanoi National University of Education)
- Secretary: Ms Tạ Thị Mai Hương (English Department, University of Economics and Business Administration, Thai Nguyen University, Thai Nguyen) & Nguyễn Thị Thùy Linh (IIG Vietnam)